Blogging is difficult when you spend your time Living Out Loud. But better late than never …right!
My world-wind weekend ended with my first Castle visit. A new friend offered to take me to see my first castle. So of course I happily obliged. We drove about an hour from Frankfurt to the city of Heidelberg. The drive there was very scenic and beautiful. The scenery is much like what I imagine the French countryside looks like. I guess I never imagined the German countryside to be so beautiful.
Upon arriving in the city and parking, we walked up a few steep cobblestone hills. And I’m so glad I happened to bring my “walking sandals” with me. I didn’t initially know what we’d be doing that day and had just purchased sandals made for walking, although they’re ugly, they do a good job.
We visited the garden outside of the castle first. It was a great day and the view was amazing. I left my camera home, stupidly, but my phone took surprisingly nice pictures. We enjoyed the views for a while before heading over to the castle.
Unfortunately, the castle was closed until 11pm for a performance. So we were only able to take pictures of the outside. That just means I have to come back.
- Schloss Heidelberg (superabenteuer.wordpress.com)
- HEIDELBERG AVERY BIG CITY AFTER ZELL – Heidelberg, Germany (travelpod.com)
- Heavenly Heidelberg (getcrtodd.wordpress.com)
- Trip to Heidelberg (shendan451.wordpress.com)
- 05.06.2013 Heidelberg (rippiandmort.wordpress.com)
- Germany, day 2 (yerttle.wordpress.com)
- Heidelberg (hallofromgermany.wordpress.com)